March 27, 2017

Weekending | Prom Dresses + Spring Cleaning

Is it just me, or is this year flying by? I cannot believe we are in the last week of March. It always seems like there's so much to do and time is just slipping away, right? Or maybe that's just me. 

Even though the weekend went too fast, I did manage to get quite a bit accomplished! Although overcast, Saturday was the first real taste of spring with temperatures in the low 70s, which melted that last little bit of snow we were still holding on to. 

Also on Saturday, I was lucky to be part of the first ever Prom Possible event with the Junior League of Harrisburg. So what is Prom Possible, you ask? It was a one-day pop-up shop where local high school girls could come and pick out a prom dress and accessories for their upcoming dance. And why? Because as many of us know, prom can be quite an expense, and unfortunately not everyone is able to afford it. 


Through the generous donations of dresses, jewelry, hair certificates and dry cleaning expenses by local friends, family members, and businesses, JLH was able to provide many local high school girls with the perfect dress! This {link} provides little more information about the event from our local ABC station.


I will say that after all of the excitement of Prom Possible on Saturday, I kept Sunday really low-key. I tested out my new Instant Pot by making barbecue pork, and it turned out so well! I can't wait to try more instant pot recipes, so if you have some please share your favorites.

I also worked more on my spring cleaning, which is finally starting to get somewhere! I keep saying I'm going to work on my wardrobe, but that seems to be really difficult for me so I started with books, candles, linens, and office supplies. I managed to get rid of five entire bags of junk that we no longer need and I'm looking forward to continuing with the purge later this week.

Also something to look forward to this week - Jason and I are taking a little trip to Annapolis! Neither of us have ever been and it's not too far for a short vacation away. If you've ever been and have places we must see, food we must eat, or things we must purchase, let me know! Happy Monday, friends!



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say - your comments make my day!

Blog Design by Get Polished