March 6, 2017

Meal Plan Monday | Weekly Dinners

Is it just me, or did this past weekend just fly by? Aside from a yoga class at H2L on Saturday morning, I had no plans all weekend, which was completely okay by me. Jason and I went out to a new restaurant for dinner on Saturday, and despite the crowds we had some good food and a nice time! Sunday morning brought a not-so-fun surprise - our hot water heater had rusted through and covered our basement floor with a little lake. After cleaning the damage, it was off to Lowe's for a new hot water heater. It's scheduled for delivery early this week, hopefully sooner rather than later!

Even with that unplanned excitement, I took some time to meal plan again this week, tweaking my menu from last week because we had so many leftovers that I didn’t cook everything as planned! I’d love to eventually have myself together enough to prep meals on Sunday, but I’m not quite to that point just yet. In the meantime, here’s what’s planned for this week:

Meal Plan Monday | Weekly Dinner Plans from Line Up and Wait Blog

Monday: Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas (from Carolina Charm)
Tuesday: Chicken Corn Soup (mom's recipe)
Wednesday: Out! I have a happy hour, so I’ll be eating there.
Thursday: Lasagna Wonton Cupcakes (from Emily Bites)
Friday: Tuna Casserole (my old recipe)

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas are one of my favorite weeknight meals to make because everything comes together so quickly – I cook the chicken in the crockpot all day and then just assemble the enchiladas and bake! Plus they make incredible leftovers for lunch the next day.

The Lasagna Cupcakes are a pretty easy meal, too. I’ll be making some with Italian sausage for Jason, but I’ll keep mine vegetarian so that I can take the leftovers for lunch on Friday (Lent!). I haven’t made a muffin tin recipe in a while, so I’m excited to break it out again this week.

As far as breakfast goes, I usually have cereal or yogurt and a very large cup of coffee. Wednesday is always bagel day – I treat myself after my weekly allergy shot. Lunch is typically leftovers, although I occasionally order a salad or pizza with my coworkers, which is a nice treat. 

Once I get into a rhythm of meal planning and actually following through with the plans, I’m looking forward to branching out with pre-prepping and new recipes. Everything I’m making this week is a recipe I’ve made multiple times in the past, so I won’t have to think too hard. And of course I welcome any new ideas, especially for crockpot or vegetarian meals. Share your faves in the comments, please!



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say - your comments make my day!

Blog Design by Get Polished