March 10, 2017

Five on Friday | Two

Happy Friday, everyone! Aren't you glad we made it to the end of another workweek? I was supposed to fly down to Florida this weekend, but decided to save the money and stay home instead. My parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins will be having lots of fun, though, I'm sure! Instead I'll be continuing my massive closet clean out and hopefully taking lots of items to the consignment shop and listing a few on Poshmark. I've done a pretty good job of cutting down on buying clothing, but after months of chipping away at this project, I don't feel like I've gotten anywhere. It's probably time to play 100% by the Marie Kondo rules and just do it all at once. We'll see what happens!


Anyway, I'm excited to be joining in with this week's Five on Friday virtual party...because hey, everyone loves a good party. With that said, here's what I'm loving this week!

1 // Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray

We finally decided on a paint color for downstairs! We picked up ten samples and I couldn't decide which one I liked the most. After many hours of Pinterest searching, I decided I wanted to try Agreeable Gray, so Jason went out and bought the sample and it was love at first swatch. Now I have to decide what finish I'd like and what white would look best for the trim. Too many decisions, am I right?

2 // Jeopardy

Does anyone watch this show as religiously as I do? I mean, I know my parents are as equally as obsessed as I am (where do you think I get it from?), but this has got to be the best game show on television. Seriously, I don't feel any smarter watching The Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars makes me depressed that I have zero rhythm. Plus who doesn't like a little friendly competition when you're shouting out "Who is Bruce Springsteen?" with your spouse on an average Tuesday night?

3 // Coconut Oil

I know I'm so late to the party with this one, but I finally started using coconut oil as a makeup remover and moisturizer recently. I've been having some weird skin issues which I will share all about in a post next week, so I've really pared down my skincare. Although I'm not crazy about the scent, the oil works really well as a moisturizer. I just need to remember to use a small amount, or my pillow ends up a greasy mess in the morning!

4 // Athleta Chatarunga Leggings

These soft workout leggings have been a staple in my closet for ages. I recently ordered a pair of cropped leggings and will probably have them hemmed at the Athleta store near me (shoutout to Kait for telling me about this awesome perk!) so that I have something to wear during indoor cycling that is a little cooler than my full-length chats. I know, I know, I just said I wasn't clothing shopping as much anymore. But in my defense, I sold all of my Lululemon leggings recently, so I'm down to two pair for the gym. And I need to workout more frequently than that, so the leggings are for my health, I promise.

5 // Prettiest Poodles

Just look at this gorgeous little face - gosh, I love her so much I could just squeeze her all day! Kinsey's best friend Karma is spending a few days with us, so I'll be basking in poodle love all weekend. What could be better?


Have a great weekend, friends! Does anyone have any great plans?

2 comments :

  1. I've tried coconut oil lately too. It gets my eye makeup off so well! After I wash my face I put coconut oil on it and then lay a super hot washcloth over it and kind of steam it off for a few minutes. I feel like I still get the benefits but it's not as greasy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've lived in our house almost two years now and we have yet to paint. We've picked up 4 paint samples and can't agree/commit to any of them. The worst part is that we left the sample patches on the wall for a good two months lol.

    - Claudia

    justalittleblush.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say - your comments make my day!

Blog Design by Get Polished