March 17, 2017

Five on Friday | Favorite Soups

Happy Friday, friends! We made it through another week! If any of you are on the East Coast, I hope you survived our fun little March snowstorm. Right now, it’s hard to believe Spring is right around the corner! You better believe I used this last little bit of winter and my time snowed in to enjoy some of my favorite soups. And for this week’s Five on Friday, I’m sharing some of my favorite recipes:



1 // Chicken Corn Noodle (recipe via My Kitchen Addiction)

This is my all-time favorite, especially when my mom makes it. It’s perfect when served with saltines. And this is probably sacrilege to some, but good chicken corn soup absolutely DOES NOT have hard-boiled egg pieces in it! That’s the perfect way to ruin a delicious soup, in my opinion 

2 // Slow Cooker Loaded Potato (recipe via Cooking Classy)

I had the most incredible potato soup at a local restaurant last week. It was made with fingerling potatoes, which were the perfect size and softness. But this crock pot recipe is a good substitute for at home!

3 // Tomato Basil with Parmesan (recipe via le creme de la crumb)

Make this with a grilled cheese and you’ve got yourself the perfect comfort meal for a snow day!

4 // Vegetable Beef (recipe via Taste of Home)

This is an old standby that my mom makes pretty frequently. It’s so easy to make with frozen vegetables and a roast! 

5 // Slow Cooker Broccoli + Cauliflower (recipe via Recipe Runner)

I tried this one for the first time last week and the recipe was good, but I’d tweak it a little bit by sautéing the garlic and onions before putting everything in the crockpot to add a little more depth to the flavor of the soup. Also, I used sour cream instead of greek yogurt because it was what I had on hand, and it worked perfectly.


And okay, let’s be honest. Just because winter is basically over doesn’t mean I’m going to stop making soup anytime soon. Share your favorites with me!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say - your comments make my day!

Blog Design by Get Polished