March 29, 2017

April Fitness Challenge

Starting in April, I’m pushing myself to complete a fitness challenge – take 25 classes in 30 days at the studio where I take barre, cycling, and yoga. While it might not sound like a lot to many, for me it’s a big increase in what I’m currently doing. I typically take two classes each week, which are great for helping me maintain my current fitness level, but I’m not really pushing myself or getting any stronger. 



The reason I chose this particular challenge for myself is because I find that I’m most successful in a group class atmosphere. It’s so much easier to get out of bed on a Saturday morning if I know there are 20 other people waiting to hit the barre and start off their weekend on a healthy note. Plus, I’ve really begun to enjoy indoor cycling, which is something I never thought I would say! The combination of the cardio, strength training, and stretching that the group classes bring to my life is exactly what I need right now.

I don’t plan on changing my diet, but I will be weighing myself and taking some measurements to see what happens throughout the next month. And if I’m being completely honest, I’m hoping that making it through this challenge will help me cement some workout habits that I can carry into the warmer weather. 

To kick off this challenge, I purchased an extra pair of workout capris from Athleta, another awesome tank that doesn’t ride up when I’m in downward dog, and two extra sports bras. Having pretty new workout gear is a good motivator for me, especially because I hate adding extra laundry to my already annoying laundry schedule. 

And I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention that this awesome challenge is made possible in part by my mom and mother-in-law, for gifting me with gift cards to the studio! With unexpected home repairs recently, I don’t have a ton of spare cash, so I’m so appreciative of their thoughtful gifts. 


If you’re in the Harrisburg area, come out to a class with me at H2L studio – the more, the merrier!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say - your comments make my day!

Blog Design by Get Polished