October 28, 2016

Five on Friday | Welcome, Weekend!

Happy Friday! I’m so glad to see this week behind me. Jason had his wisdom teeth out on Wednesday and I was sick, so we made a lovely pair sleeping on the couch in our pajamas all afternoon. Fortunately, we are both on the mend and looking forward to a great weekend! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for another Penn State win as the Lions take on Purdue in West Lafayette and I’ll be enjoying the game with some spiked cider and donuts from the farmer’s market.
I’m glad to be linking up with Five on Friday again this week – this time sharing a few random life updates. Ready? Okay!

1 // Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

With both Jason and I under the weather this week, I took the opportunity to make some chicken noodle soup, and I must say it was one of the best batches I’ve made in a long time! I wish I had taken photos and been more careful with the recipe so that I could share it here and remember exactly what made it so delicious. Oh well, I’m sure there will be more opportunities to perfect the recipe and share it this season.

2  // Boo Baskets

My coworkers are “Boo-ing” one another with little baskets filled with Halloween treats! The baskets are put together along with a little poem and dropped on the desk of an unsuspecting coworker as a holiday surprise. I received my Boo Basket on Thursday morning and put two together to surprise people with this morning. I haven’t picked my recipients yet but I can’t wait to share in the holiday goodness!

3 // Fall Décor

Speaking of Halloween, I just couldn’t find the motivation to decorate for the holiiday this year. I did manage to grab a few pumpkins and some mums and put them out on the front porch, but that’s the extent of it. I’m looking forward to continuing to purge and clean out our house, so hopefully that will be done just in time to pull out the Christmas decorations!

4 // Junior League of Harrisburg Fall Tailgate and PSU Viewing Party

Our JLH fall fundraiser has been announced! Our League is hosting a PSU viewing party on Saturday, November 19th at 7pm. We’ll have food, drinks, a silent auction, and lots of cheering! Penn State takes on Rutgers that evening, and you better bet I’ll be there screaming for the Lions and bidding like a crazy person on the food-related silent auction baskets. For any local friends who want to attend, please let me know!


5 // Weekend!

Honestly, I can’t even come up with a legitimate 5th for my five today! I’m just so happy it’s almost the weekend. Tonight I’m volunteering at a Dress for Success event, which is a cause I can completely get behind. After that, I cannot wait to put on some sweatpants and binge watch How To Get Away With Murder with a warm drink and a snuggly little dog. Does anyone have any other exciting Friday night plans?




3 comments :

  1. I'm glad everyone is on the mend! My old office used to boo each other and it was so fun to see all the fun decor and treats. Have a great weekend! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Boo-ing is huge here! I think I have seen boo baskets on people's porches for more than a month. I shamelessly participated and did dog theme boo baskets, but then I never got one back. So sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everyone is on the mend!! I've boozed a couple friends this week -- a little more adult version ;). Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say - your comments make my day!

Blog Design by Get Polished