October 21, 2016

Five on Friday | Fall Favorites

Happy Friday, friends! This was a pretty short and easy week (thank goodness!) and I have an exciting weekend coming up. Tomorrow is Penn State’s White Out game against Ohio State, which will be chilly but fun, I’m sure. It’s a night game, too, so that leaves plenty of time for tailgating beforehand.

Anyway, today I’m linking up for Five on Friday and sharing some of my current favorite products. There’s skincare (duh), food, clothing…no discriminating with this week’s favorites! Here’s what I’m bringing to today’s virtual party:


1 // Soap & Glory Hand Food 

Dry fall weather = icky skin, especially on my hands. This hand lotion is my new must-have for those dry and peeling hands! As with the other Soap & Glory products I've used, it has a strong scent but it fades nicely and the quality of the lotion outweighs any smells. Plus it's only $8 for a tube that's over 4oz, so it's basically a steal. I purchased it at Ulta and will probably gift everyone a tube of it for Christmas!

2 // Merona Bi-Stretch Modern Ankle Pant

These slightly cropped dress pants are my new favorite for work. They're very, very similar to the Exact Stretch from The Limited, but with a slightly thicker (read: more coverage) fabric. These pants are so comfortable that I don't mind sitting in the office for eight hours and then running errands in them after work. I picked up the dark teal shade and I'm going to try to hit up another local Target for the burgundy. The colors are gorgeous and perfect for this time of year, plus the price point of $27.99 can't be beat. Get yourself to Target before they're all sold out!

3 // Tate's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Since I started allergy shots over the summer, I've been eating wheat-free to help reduce some of the residual inflammation in my body as a result of being allergic to basically everything. Fortunately, it's not too difficult to find wheat-free products on the market these days, and the best one I've found so far is Tate's Chocolate Chip Cookies. The reason I love these cookies more than their wheat-filled counterparts is because they're so perfectly crisp and crunchy. If you're a lover of soft-baked cookies, these aren't for you. If you like thinner and crispier cookies, give these a shot, even if you're not wheat (or gluten) free!

4 // Sunday Riley Luna Night Oil

So this cult-favorite nighttime face oil is the absolute furthest item from a bargain on this list. It's incredibly expensive at $105/bottle and seemed so over-hyped to me, but it really has been amazing for my skin. I'm always afraid of using any retinol product in the summer because of all the time I spend outdoors, so this is the best time of year to start a new product. I apply this oil after I wash my face at night and I wake up to soft, hydrated skin. I have a fairly large sample of the Sunday Riley Good Genes which I'd love to try in combination with this, but right now my skin is feeling so wonderful that I'm afraid to change anything. 

5 // Candles

Now that fall is officially here and the weather is chillier and more damp, I've been burning candles at home more frequently. I'm by no means a candle snob and I've been rotating through my Voluspa Apple & Blue Clover, Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, and Grove Collaborative Blood Orange. They're all equally fantastic and leave the house lightly scented long after I've blown out the candle. What are some other good autumn candles I should try out?

So that's what I'm currently loving, although  I'm sure I'll find even more favorites soon! I have a box of skincare samples to try and some apple recipes saved on Pinterest, so be on the lookout for another edition of fall faves soon ;) Anything else I should be on the lookout to try?

2 comments :

  1. I am loving my seasonal candles too! I'm almost finished with the pumpkin one I got this year so I might need to get another! That hand lotion sounds amazing. I've been looking for a new one for the winter so I might have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard such great things about the oil, but have been loyal to Erno Laszlo oil for years. Might have to venture out and try something new, too. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say - your comments make my day!

Blog Design by Get Polished