September 19, 2016

Weekending | Junior League, Football, Beer, Brunch

Welcome back, Monday! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. I can't believe this past weekend was the actual last weekend of the summer. It certainly didn't feel like it - the weather was cool at points, the pool wasn't open, and I didn't have a single hot dog all weekend! Lucky for me, I had Friday off of work, so I spent some time saying goodby to summer by swapping my summer wardrobe to fall. That task itself has made me want to Konmari everything all over again - I just have too much clothing! So that weekend task will take me a few more weekends, I'm sure of it.
On Saturday, the Junior League of Harrisburg put on its second "Super Saturday" event, which is a crash course where new members learn about our organization's history, our setup, how we contribute to the Harrisburg community, plus all of our signature events. It's a 3.5 hour day that really crams in a lot of information, and this year all of the new members took it in stride! I'm especially thankful to our current members who came out to help present. Y'all are the greatest!

After Super Saturday, I settled down at my parents' house to watch the second half of the Penn State game. Obviously, my most favorite person on the team is the kicker, Joey Julius. Watching how excited he gets when he has the perfect kickoff always makes me smile! 

The moment the game was over I headed to the Friends and Family sale at Athleta. Now that I've been taking barre classes on a regular basis, I've learned that the Athleta leggings are my absolute favorite for workouts. I also picked up a few tops and a pair of yoga pants (for lounging, not yoga!). Today is the last day of the sale and it's 25% off your purchase. I highly recommend the Sonar leggings and the Fastest Track Tank!

I rounded out my Saturday by attending a Beer and BBQ Fall Fest, which was a fundraiser for the Harrisburg YWCA's Camp Reily. Camp Reily is a summer day camp for children in the Harrisburg area who may have otherwise not had the opportunity to spend time at camp during the summer. The camp offers swimming, sports, a color run, hiking, and field trips. My friend, Caitlin, and I sampled a few beers, ate some delicious BBQ, and talked with quite a few people. Overall, it was a great event for a great cause and I can't wait to go back again next year!

Sunday, of course, was brunch day. And nap day. And football day. It should have also been laundry day, but that just wasn't happening. This week, I'll be winding down at my current job at the airport and starting up my new job just across the street from the airport in HR. I'm beyond excited to have this opportunity to learn more about this industry that I just can't get enough of! I should also probably get back to that goal of purging my closet...who wants to come help me do it? I'll buy you wine and let you listen to My Favorite Murder. And you can keep the clothes! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say - your comments make my day!

Blog Design by Get Polished