September 2, 2016

Five on Friday | Tailgate Edition


Tailgate - Football - Penn State - College - Blog

Happy Friday! I'm extra excited for this weekend because it marks the beginning of Penn State football season! Tomorrow morning I'll be loading up the car to head up to State College to see PSU take on Kent State. In honor of my favorite fall event - tailgating - I've rounded up five of my favorite tailgate items. Happy Valley is frequently mentioned on the "Best Tailgating University" lists, and it couldn't be more true. Let's Go State!

1 // Corkcicle Canteen - This insulated bottle is my new addition to my tailgating arsenal this year. It holds an entire bottle of wine and keeps it cold for over 24 hours! Not that I need the entire 24 hours to spend drinking prior to the game, but it's a great way to avoid glass bottles in the cooler. When I'm not in State College, it makes a great water bottle for work!

2 // Sunglasses / Sunscreen / Hat - I know north of the Mason-Dixon, college football and tailgating seem to be synonymous with jeans, comfy sweatshirts, spiked hot chocolate, and riding boots, right? But the first few games of the season can be quite warm and sunny, so sun protection is a must! Spending all day outdoors can be so rough on skin and we're not all young undergrads anymore, so cover up and don't get sunburned!

3 // Hot Dogs - Judge away, but a tailgate is not a tailgate to me without hotdogs. Early game, late game, whatever. These are the perfect food to eat one-handed while you're balancing a beer or a cornhole bag in your other hand. Top it with onions, cheese, mustard, relish, whatever, and enjoy!

4 // Portable Speaker - You'll find most tailgates in Happy Valley have their own source of music, ranging from pre-game radio shows to top 40 hits. Personally, I'm a big fan of an iPod playlist with classic rock with a few Blue Band marching tunes mixed in. Nothing better than getting pumped up with a sing-a-long to Sweet Caroline followed by the alma mater!

5 // A Community Spirit - Cheesy? Totally. But tailgating is such a great way to feel like part of a fun party community on a Saturday morning. Forgot your paper plates? The guy parked next to you will gladly share his. Need another member for your cornhole team? There's plenty of people around who want to play. Some of my most favorite college memories involve singing, drinking, cheering, and playing all while getting pumped up to watch football on a fall morning. I can't wait to get back there tomorrow morning!

Is anyone else planning on getting out to tailgate and cheer on your favorite team tomorrow? Get pumped for college football, people! WE ARE!

Linking up with Five on Friday today!

2 comments :

  1. I think I missed the boat with football. My husband is a huge Utah fan, as well as Kansas City Chiefs, but I know nothing! I'm excited for everyone else though! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to check out the corksicle canteen! A whole bottle of wine?! right up my alley. I'm not a college football follower but I am a season ticket holder for the Patriots and I love these tailgating favorites :-) Happy football season!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say - your comments make my day!

Blog Design by Get Polished