September 7, 2016

101 in 1001 {An Update}


101 in 1001 | List | Goals

This seems to be the week of updates around here! I'm less than a year out from the end of my 101 in 1001 list, and I'll be honest - I haven't made much headway on it. Of course, circumstances have changed and I know that some of the items won't be crossed off the list, but I'm still trying to accomplish as many as possible. It's been quite a while since I last updated it, and it served as a nice reminder of things I'd like to do in the near future. Here's what I've accomplished recently:

10.    Visit three out-of-state friends - I'm almost there! I need one more trip. Anyone in a far-away location want a visitor? 
14.    Host a brunch for Junior League members - Done! It was small, but it was awesome. Mimosas, bagels, and girl talk on a rainy Sunday. Can't wait to do it again!
20.    Send a surprise package to a far-away friend - Check! I sent my friend Katie quite a few packages while she was deployed. It was so much fun putting everything together to create a fun surprise for her.
38.    Save for and plan kitchen update - So this isn't quite happening like I'd imagined. However, I'm being flexible and instead of a big kitchen re-do, Jason and I have picked out some new paint colors for the entire downstairs. We're also doing low-budget updates, like adding a backsplash, painting the cabinets, and adding some shelving. 
49.    Create a jewelry storage system - I'm calling this one finished. Instead of creating storage, I just purged my jewelry and kept my few favorite pieces. My rings live in a ceramic egg crate, my necklaces hang in my closet, my bracelets are on a display rack, and my earrings are in little tiny ziplock bags. Simple!
57.    Take a new-to-me group fitness class - I started barre in March and I love it! I've been going on a very regular basis since then and it's so great to have a workout I look forward to.
66.    Complete a Whole30 challenge - This may or may not happen. I'm currently not eating wheat as a result of allergy tests, which has me feeling great, but I'm not sure I'm willing to commit to the entire Whole30.
78.    Clean out closet and donate / give away / toss all clothing I no longer wear - Almost finished with this one! I have about 35 more items to take to the consignment store in September and then I can cross this one off!
83.    Go to a Harrisburg or West Shore Symphony Orchestra performance - I went to a concert with my parents in July! It was wonderful and I can't wait to get to another one.
90.    Find an organizational system for all of my digital photos - Done! I backed all my photos up and now I regularly upload to Dropbox and organize them.
99.    Find and join a book club - So I didn't find a book club, but I started one! We had our first meeting last week and I can't wait to continue this new little tradition.

So that's where I am with everything as of now. I'm excited to work on some of my decorating related items (front door wreath! Christmas lights!) next season and travel plans (Boston! Charleston!), too. Do you have a 101 in 1001 list? My entire list can be found here!

1 comment :

  1. If I took any new exercise class barre would definitely be the one, mainly since I used to take ballet for years. Maybe I should put that on my list, well when I make one haha.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say - your comments make my day!

Blog Design by Get Polished