June 20, 2016

An Adventure in Beyoncé

So y'all have heard of the Ticketmaster voucher news, right? How there was a huge class action lawsuit against Ticketmaster and now people who have purchased tickets for certain events between 1999 and 2013 will receive vouchers via their account to use for future events.

Clearly, I was pretty excited when I found out about this as I've purchased many concert and sporting event tickets via Ticketmaster. So I immediately logged into my account, clicked on the "active vouchers" link and...nada. Nothing. Such a bummer! I would've loved to use those vouchers to see a baseball game at a new-to-me stadium this summer, but I'll survive. But you know what? It's really not that big of a deal as last Sunday I got to see Beyoncé FOR FREE. That's right! But first, let's back up.
My sister, her friend, and our cousin arrived at Hersheypark Stadium last Sunday night with about 40 minutes to spare before the concert began. We went to the gates, made our way through the metal detectors, and held up our tickets to be scanned. BEEP BEEP BEEP! The usher sent us away because our tickets showed in the scanner as refunded. What?! Sarah's Taylor Swift story immediately came to mind and I panicked a little bit. They were purchased from StubHub! They're legit, freshly printed from my sister's computer! We were sent to the will call window and told to call StubHub. Thanks to their customer guarantee, within 15 minutes we had new tickets in an even better section of the stadium. We were in!
However, the story doesn't end there. We got to our seats, only to find there was another party of four in them. So we grabbed an usher who came over to get the squatters out so we could get settled. The people in our seats claimed that those seats belonged to them and quickly whipped out their tickets to prove it. And prove it they did - they had the same seats, same row, same section for the same date. Seriously?! So once again we called and tweeted StubHub. We didn't get those seats, but we did get to stay and enjoy the concert; we just had to be sneaky and move from open seat to open seat. But the best part? We were refunded 100% of the cost of the tickets, so we got to enjoy Beyoncé at no cost to us! I'll admit I felt like a baller after that.

So the moral of the story? The StubHub customer service is fantastic and you'll always catch more flies with honey. Be nice to the ushers, be nice to the lady at the will call window, and be nice to the customer service reps on the phone. It's not that person's fault your tickets were screwed up and it pays to be kind!

2 comments :

  1. Ahh, that is crazy! I'm glad to know Stubhub has such great customer service, because I've always been too skeptical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so inspiring! I love the post:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say - your comments make my day!

Blog Design by Get Polished